An independent annual 6 week reading program
for children ages 3 - 11 held at the library each
summer (twelve-year-olds have the option of
signing up for the teen program if preferred).
Pre-registration is required.
Read for the Win!
Thank you to all of our sponsors and
participants for making 2016 Summer
Reading a success!
How It Works
Read to complete your summer reading goal
of 15 hours before summer reading ends.
When you come to the library, find your book
chart and stamp how many hours you've read.
Bring your chart to the check out desk for the
librarian to mark and pick a prize from our
treasure box for every 2 1/2 hours you read!
Other Great Prizes...
PLUS other special prizes you can learn about
when you sign up for summer reading!
MAIN LIBRARY inside Five Points
Monday Movies: June 6-July 11, 3:00pm
click here for list of movies
Tuesday Entertainment at 2:00pm:
- June 14: Bubble Magic Show
- June 21: Music and Storytelling with
- June 28: Furry Friends lovable critters
- July 5: Peoria Zoomobile's animals
- July 12: Magic and Juggling with
Thursday Evening at 6:30pm:
Friday Open Storytime: June 10-July 8, 10:30am
Saturday Events at 11:00am:
- June 23: BINGO night with
- June 30: Family Trivia Night! Teams
of up to 5 people compete to win a
- June 11: Amazin Hula Hoop Tricks
- July 9: FOOD FAN-ATIC; register to
build sports/Olympic-themed sculptures
from food! For ages 8-11
BRANCH LIBRARY at Washington Plaza
- June 14, 6:30pm: Abbey Cook's Sign &
- June 21, 6:30pm: Paws to Read, ages
2 & up; pre-registration required
- June 28, 6:30-7:30pm: Unique Twist,
ages 3 & up; stop by for a balloon creation
- July 5, 6:30-7:30pm:"Make Me Pretty"
- July 12, 6:30pm: Peoria Zoomobile
SUMMER READING FINAL CELEBRATION:
Reach your reading goal and attend the final
celebration! Note: Kids 8 and under must
be accompanied by an adult.
Washington Park Pool
Thursday, July 14, 7:00pm-8:30pm